Applications for Elston Hall Reception should be made through Wolverhampton city council as attendance at Elston Hall Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception year.
Aims of EYFS
- To create a caring and inviting environment in which the child’s own efforts and independence is supported and celebrated, enabling children to develop a sense of belonging.
- To offer a variety of learning opportunities, that are both fun and intellectually stimulating and in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Development Matters Framework.
- To develop a partnership with parents and families that will help staff understand the individual needs of the child.
- To promote an inclusive environment where individual needs are recognised and respected and the diversity of children’s experiences is valued and integral to their development.
Welcome back to all our children, we hope you have had an enjoyable Easter break. We are very much looking forward to all the learning we have planned for the Summer Term.
During the Summer Term our topic will be Once Upon a Time. This term we will be reading a range of traditional stories including The Gingerbread Man, Three Little Pigs, The Enormous Turnip and Three Billy Goats Gruff. The children will have lots of opportunities to continue to develop their story telling skills and actively learn through play and exploration.
Just a reminder, your child will be required to wear PE pumps for their PE lesson every week. PE pumps will remain in school during the week and they will be sent home at the end of the term.
Arrival and Dismissal
Morning Nursery - Doors open at 8:45 am and dismissal at 11.45 am for.
Afternoon Nursery – Doors open 12:30pm and dismissal at 3:15 pm
Please could we take this opportunity to remind you to:
• Please maintain social distancing – leaving at least 2 metre distance between people from other households
• Please follow the one-way system in place to reduce overcrowding
• Please wear a mask on school grounds and especially when talking to Nursery staff
We are looking forward to welcoming back all the children into Nursery for a Summer of fun filled learning.
Nursery Lead Teacher: Miss C Burns
Key Workers: Mrs C Hulme Mrs L Harding Mrs J Dhillon
Click on the boxes below to find out about school readiness and Hungry Little Minds!
Click on the book icons below. You will find a link to the story as well as activities and ideas to use with the stories.